3.13.2011

Eating With Your Eyes



As an artist, I think food is one of the most interesting subjects to work with because it’s a completely sensory experience –- a simultaneous interaction of taste, smell, sound, touch and sight. I am inherently drawn to the visual aesthetic of food, which is why I find food styling/photography such a fascinating business -- it effectively aims to capture the other senses by way of a single one: your eyes. This weekend I had the great opportunity to immerse myself in a workshop devoted to food styling and photography at the Institute of Culinary Education in NYC. We spent three days with three fabulous teachers honing technical photography skills, learning the techniques that food stylists use to craft luscious camera-ready dishes, and preparing and shooting our own creations.

Along with becoming adept in the skill of drizzling sauces for action shots, I captured some luscious stills...












No comments:

Post a Comment