The Sunshine of Citrus and Fennel
Though orange and fennel salad is typically a Sicilian winter dish, this is the closest thing to summer that I've tasted all year. I added cucumber and shrimp to the mix, heightening its crunch and freshness.
CITRUS & FENNEL SALAD WITH CILANTRO SHRIMP
1 naval orange, peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 large red grapefruit, peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 fennel bulb, sliced thinly
1/2 large cucumber, grated
Approx. 20 large shrimp
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp fresh cilantro
1. Peel and cut orange and grapefruit into large chunks.
2. Thinly slice 1/2 large fennel bulb.
3. Coursely grate 1/2 cucumber, unpeeled.
4. Combine citrus, fennel and cucumber in a medium bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice to taste. Sprinkle with cilantro and set aside.
5. In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and garlic and a few squirts of lemon juice. Cook for 3-5 minutes until shrimp is cooked through. Add about a Tbsp of cilantro; stir to combine.
6. Plate the salad and top with cooked shrimp.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment