Ravioli wearing its heart on its sleeve: pasta dressed in ricotta instead of stuffed with it. Topped with sauteed balsamic peppers and onions.
REVERSE RAVIOLI WITH BALSAMIC PEPPERS AND ONIONS
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 vidalia onion, cut into large chunks
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp herbs de provence
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 cups whole wheat farfalle pasta
1/2 cup fresh ricotta
1. Cook pasta according to directions; rinse and return to pot. Add ricotta cheese and stir until pasta is evenly coated.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add bell pepper and onion; cook about 6 minutes or until browned and slightly soft.
3. Add garlic; cook an additional 1 minute.
4. Add balsamic and herbs de provence; stir to combine.
5. Serve pasta in a bowl, topped with pepper and onion mixture.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
This was delicious and simple. I added a small can of diced tomatoes and a little more olive oil, letting it cook a few minutes longer before the pasta was ready. With some broccoli rabe on the side and a salad, it was a perfect vegetarian meal. Will definitely make it again.ReplyDelete
Sounds delicious, Judy! Always a fan of adding tomatoes, thanks for sharing.Delete
We really love this - quick, easy and perfect weeknight meal. I was searching for a recipe to use up the ricotta after gorging ourselves on lasagna, and since then it has made it into our normal rotation. Tonight my brother in law was hanging around awfully close to dinner time trying to figure out whether we were having "another one of those meat free meals" or if it was worth sticking around to mooch dinner. He left with the recipe.ReplyDelete
Ha - love it!Delete