Ravioli wearing its heart on its sleeve: pasta dressed in ricotta instead of stuffed with it. Topped with sauteed balsamic peppers and onions.
REVERSE RAVIOLI WITH BALSAMIC PEPPERS AND ONIONS
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 vidalia onion, cut into large chunks
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp herbs de provence
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 cups whole wheat farfalle pasta
1/2 cup fresh ricotta
1. Cook pasta according to directions; rinse and return to pot. Add ricotta cheese and stir until pasta is evenly coated.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add bell pepper and onion; cook about 6 minutes or until browned and slightly soft.
3. Add garlic; cook an additional 1 minute.
4. Add balsamic and herbs de provence; stir to combine.
5. Serve pasta in a bowl, topped with pepper and onion mixture.