Radish-Hazelnut Pesto Linguine
A quick meal using the wealth of radish pesto that I have leftover from the other day: whole wheat linguine tossed with radish-hazelnut pesto. Topped with sliced radishes and shaved Pecorino-Romano.
RADISH PESTO RECIPE:
[Makes 2 versions--one hazelnut, one pistachio]
2 small bunches radishes, greens attached (about 20 to 25 radishes)
1 bunch fresh basil leaves (about 2 cups)
1 small shallot, coarsely chopped and divided in half
1 small garlic clove, coarsely chopped and divided in half
1/2 cup grated Pecorino-Romano cheese, divided in half
1 lemon, juiced and zested, divided in half
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided in half
1/4 cup roasted hazelnuts, unsalted
1/4 cup roasted pistachios, unsalted
1. Separate the radish bodies from the greens; wash well and set radishes aside.
2. Divide all ingredients in half, designating one portion for the hazelnuts and one for the pistachios.
3. Roughly slice 6 radishes, adding 3 to each set of ingredients.
4. In a food processor, add one set of the radish greens, basil, shallot, garlic, Pecorino, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, hazelnuts and three sliced radishes. Blend until smooth.
5. Repeat step 4 with pistachio batch.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment